By Ron Kopczick | July 17, 2009
Are you attending the 53rd General Council of the Assemblies of God in Orlando, Fla.? If so, you know it begins in just a matter of days. Have you planned a visit to the Pentecostal Evangel in booth 727-729-731? If not, this is your invitation to meet and converse with Evangel Editor Ken Horn and/or Senior Associate Editor Scott Harrup.
In addition to interacting with the Evangel’s editors, you’ll be able to pick-up free recent copies of the publication, enter a drawing to win a one-year personal subscription, get a PE bookmark, or receive a complimentary book during one of nine author signing sessions. Pastors or their respresentatives can also place bulk orders for the Oct. 11 Kids and Jan. 31 (2010) Super Bowl editions while qualifying for a 20 percent discount.
Any pastor visiting the PE booth can also begin or increase a bundle subscription for their church with 25 complimentary copies of the Evangel per week for a three-month quarter or 25 copies of the Spanish Evangelio Pentecostal per quarter for six months. There is no obligation to the church for continuing the gift subscription or increase once the trial period has concluded.
There have been no changes to the book-signing schedule since its initial release. To help plan your General Council agenda, here is the slate once again:
- Tuesday, Aug. 4, 3 p.m. — Alicia Britt Chole, Finding an Unseen God
- Wednesday, Aug. 5, 11 a.m. — Bill McDonald, Change: Count On It
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 1:30 p.m. — Alicia Britt Chole, Jesus’ Hidden Years … and Yours study guide and journal
- Thursday, Aug. 6, 11 a.m. — Earl Creps, Reverse Mentoring
- Thursday, Aug. 6, 1:30 p.m. — Tom Greene, The Game Isn’t Over
- Thursday, Aug. 6, 4 p.m. — Stanley M. Horton and Lois Olena, Stanley M. Horton: Shaper of Pentecostal Theology
- Friday, Aug. 7, 11 a.m. — Scott McChrystal, Daily Strength For the Battle
- Friday, Aug. 7, 2 p.m. — Warren D. Bullock, When the Spirit Speaks
- Friday, Aug. 7, 3 p.m. — Ken Horn, Theology in a Nutshell
Each book signing session is scheduled to last 30 minutes with free books for the first 30 ticket-bearing guests. The complimentary tickets will be available from the Evangel staff at the start of every session. The General Council exhibits are located in North Hall A2-B of the Orange County Convention Center. The exhibit hall opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday through Friday, Aug. 4-7.
Comments are closed.